Ways to reduce Council Tax
Council Tax is a compulsory, property-based tax paid to local authorities.
Our factsheet, which can be accessed via the link below, has information on:
- Are you in the right Council Tax band?
- Council Tax exemptions
- Disability reduction scheme
- Council Tax discounts – the 25% ‘single person discount’
- Other Council Tax discounts – circumstances where a discount may apply, even though more than one person lives at the property; and
- the Council Tax Reduction Scheme (CTRS)
For more information call Age Cymru Advice on 0300 303 44 98