Regional Project Officer - X2
Job Category: Administration
Location: Hybrid (Home based with potential office space in a partner office)
Agreement Type: Fixed Term until 1 October 2024
Working pattern: 35 hours. Monday - Friday
Closing date: 16 December 2023
Regional Project Officer - North and Mid Wales
Regional Project Officer - West and South West
Would you like to join a service that makes a difference to older people in Wales? As a Regional Project Officer you will help meet the Community Assistance Project objectives by overseeing the regional delivery of services, supporting the Regional Volunteer Officer and working closely in collaboration with local partners.
- About you:
- You will be able to work with others to deliver successful projects and services
- You will have experience of recruiting, managing and working with volunteers
- You will have experience of establishing and maintaining productive collaborations. Be able to negotiate at a range of levels both in and outside the organisation
- You will have experience of networking
- You will have knowledge of Issues affecting older people in Wales and barriers to accessing support
- You will have knowledge of local services in the public or voluntary sector
- You will have knowledge of diversity of the cultures, environments and communities in which older people and carers live
If successful you will:
- In line with local arrangements, undertake the recruitment, support / supervision and mentor/buddy the volunteers, and ensure they have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service checks
- Ensure all prospective volunteers are inducted with project partners and have all the relevant training required including all aspects of person-centred helping, safeguarding, equality and diversity and inclusion as per local arrangements
- Supervise and oversee all case work undertaken by the volunteers in the region
- Receive referrals for the project in the region, matching volunteers to the person needing the service and work closely with other members of the project team to ensure a high quality, timely and responsive service is provided to all older people referred to it
- Work with regional partners, develop opportunities and publicise and promote the Community Assistance Project, including promoting and cascading information, including real-life examples of positive intervention through a range of methods and with a range of stakeholders
- Oversee the processing of volunteer expenses in line with agreed policy and procedure
- Maintain accurate and up to date records relating to all aspects of the service in the region to provide for the effective monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Support programme evaluation through surveys and questionnaires
- Make onward referrals internally or externally to provide a holistic support package for service users
Great to haves:
- Ability to speak Welsh (Desirable)
What we offer in return:
- Holiday - 27 days made up of 24 choice days and 3 days to be used between Christmas & New Year - Including carry forward
- Flexible Hours Working Scheme
- Employer pension
- Generous life assurance up to four times your annual salary
- Healthcare cashback plan
How do I apply for this role?
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria for this role. Your application will not be considered without the covering letter. Please clearly indicate which region you are applying for.
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Age Cymru is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age Cymru is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Age Cymru politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.