Would you like to make a difference for older people in your community?
All volunteer roles at Age Cymru support us to improve lives and help us work towards an age friendly Wales.
You can support us to make a difference to the lives of older people by helping us in a variety of ways. However you'd like to get involved, we'd love to hear from you.
If you volunteer for us you will
- enjoy being part of a thriving‚ friendly organisation
- have the satisfaction of knowing your contribution counts
- be paid travelling expenses
- receive relevant support and training
- gain valuable experience.
We have opportunities in the following areas
- Check in and chat volunteer
- Friend in Need - telephone befriending service
- Administration / Office Work
- Website / Social Media
- Communications and Engagement
- Information and Advice
- Health Promotion
- Physical Activity eg Nordic Walking, Tai Chi
- Arts and Creativity
- Armed Forces Veterans
We ask you to complete a volunteering interest form and speak to a staff member about how you would like to volunteer. In addition, some of our volunteering roles involve contact with vulnerable older people so references and checks are required under our safeguarding practices. Although they take time, this means we can provide safe and rewarding experiences for our volunteers and older people.
How to apply
If you have an idea which area of our work interests you, simply complete the interest form and return to us using the details on the form. Alternatively, you can complete our online volunteering form
If you’d rather speak to someone from our Volunteering Team before completing the form, you can call 029 2043 1551 for an informal chat or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
So, if you’d like to gain confidence, meet new people, improve your skills, give something back to your community, take on a new challenge or simply, have some fun, please get in touch.