Terms and conditions
When Age UK matches you with a volunteer, we will let them know your name, the general area you live in and any other information appropriate for your Friendship Calls. If there is any information you would prefer your telephone friend did not know then please tell us. If your telephone friend thought you may benefit from some additional help from Age UK, they may ask us to contact you to see if we can help
Age UK is committed to achieving the highest level of service and satisfaction for you. We will achieve this by:
- Ensuring your telephone friend will be reliable and treat you sensitively, courteously and with respect.
- Ensuring that everyone has equal access to services.
- Treating you fairly based on your individual need without discrimination.
- Treating you sensitively, courteously and with respect.
- Only asking for personal information when necessary and with your consent.
- Respecting your confidentiality, dignity, independence and privacy.
- Checking we have understood your needs as you see them.
- Communicating in an open and honest way without jargon.
- Respecting your views and wishes.
We won't pass your details on to another organisation unless there is a legal requirement to do so or there appears to be a significant risk to your safety or that of others.
In return you agree to:
- Not give or accept gifts, gratuities or bequests from your telephone friend or their friends and family.
- Not visit your telephone friend or exchange personal details including your telephone number and postal or email address.
- Not to contact your telephone friend through any method of communication other than the telephone calls made through Age UK. This includes social media.
- Not use inappropriate language or behaviour including discrimination and always be respectful.