Learn more about the Age UK Weekly Lottery and how to play.
Our professional fundraisers
You may see them at shopping centres, garden centres, your local town centre, airports and shows. Our fundraisers will be wearing branded Age UK clothing, display ID cards and have Age UK printed materials with them, including pull-up stands and thank you cards.
Our fundraisers will also have Age UK-branded digital entry forms on individual tablets. They will use these secure tablets to sign people up as regular givers or weekly lottery players. They will only sign up people via direct debit, so will never ask for cash. In line with our fundraising policies, Age UK does not undertake door-to-door fundraising.
Find out where our fundraisers will be
Weekly Lottery fundraising locations
To be announced
Regular giving fundraising locations
- 04/12/2023 - 08/12/2023 Iceland, Birmingham, B72 1QL
- 04/12/2023 - 08/12/2023 Boots, Solihull, B90 4QY
- 04/12/2023 - 08/12/2023 Homebase, Birmingham, B14 7SN
- 04/12/2023 - 08/12/2023 Tesco Express, Leamington Spa, CV32 4DN
- 04/12/2023 - 08/12/2023 Sainsbury's Local, Stockport, SK8 1BJ
- 04/12/2023 - 08/12/2023 Costa, Cheadle, SK8 1AL
- 04/12/2023 - 08/12/2023 Costa, Marple, SK6 6AY
- 04/12/2023 - 09/12/2023 Manchester Oxford Road Station, M1 6FU
- 04/12/2023 - 06/12/2023 Co-Op, Codsall, WV8 1PE
- 04/12/2023 - 09/12/2023 Co-Op, Tettenhall, WV6, 8QS
- 04/12/2023 - 10/12/2023 Wolverhampton Train Station, WV1 1LE
- 04/12/2023 - 09/12/2023 Brentwood Promotional Space, CM14 4RP
- 04/12/2023 - 09/12/2023 Romford Promotional Space, RM1 1NL
- 04/12/2023 - 09/12/2023 Grays Promotional Space, RM17 6QE
- 11/12/2023 - 15/12/2023 Waterstones, Birmingham, B4 7SL
- 11/12/2023 - 15/12/2023 Gracechurch Shopping Centre, Birmingham, B72 1PA
- 11/12/2023 - 15/12/2023 Iceland, Lichfield, WS13 6JX
- 11/12/2023 - 15/12/2023 Sainsbury's Local, Birmingham, B5 4AX
- 11/12/2023 - 15/12/2023 Greggs, Glossop, SK13 8AZ
- 11/12/2023 - 15/12/2023 Co-Op, Bolton, BL5 3AN
- 11/12/2023 - 15/12/2023 Newlook, Walsall, WS1 1NG
- 11/12/2023 - 15/12/2023 Lobongo Coffee Shop, Manchester, M1 5BD
- 11/12/2023 - 15/12/2023 Starbucks, Manchester, M3 3HN
- 11/12/2023 - 15/12/2023 Sainsbury's, Reading, RG31 7SA
- 11/12/2023 - 15/12/2023 IRepair, Reading, RG1 2AA
- 11/12/2023 - 15/12/2023 Tesco Express, Reading, RG1 2EG
- 11/12/2023 - 15/12/2023 Tesco Express, Birmingham, B31 5NJ
Frequently asked questions
Why is Age UK using face to face fundraising?
Face to face fundraising is a cost effective method of recruiting people to support Age UK’s vital work with older people in need. This type of fundraising allows us to talk to more people about our services and how they might want to support our work.
What work will this fundraising support?
Age UK works tirelessly to support older people in need by providing expert information and advice through services such as our Advice Line, supporting older people facing loneliness through our 24 hour Friendship Services and by campaigning for the rights of older people. By playing our charity lottery or donating to us through a regular gift, you will enable Age UK to support people in later life for many years to come.
What is a society lottery?
A society lottery can only be run for the benefit of a good cause. Licensed with and regulated by the Gambling Commission, Age UK's society lottery supports our charitable work.
How does the lottery work?
The Age UK Weekly Lottery costs just £1 per week to enter and profits go towards supporting Age UK’s charity work. Each week there are 1000 prizes and 5000 quarterly Superdraw prizes. What’s more, there are no rollovers in our charity lottery! That means that every week one of our players wins a guaranteed £2,000, and 999 players win between £10 - £250 in runner-up prizes.
How does Age UK choose the venues for its private sites?
Private sites such as train stations, shopping centres and garden centres are found to be suitable locations for our recruitment stands, Age UK must give permission for any venue to be used.
How does Age UK protect vulnerable people from signing up to play our lottery?
We ensure that all our fundraisers have regular training to ensure they uphold our high standards and we have a number of safeguards in place to ensure we are respectful and mindful of everyone's personal circumstances.
What happens after I sign up?
If you have given us your mobile number you will receive a text thanking you for signing up. You will also receive a welcome pack within 21 days of your interaction with the fundraiser.
How do I know if the fundraiser is genuine?
Our fundraisers will be wearing Age UK branded clothing (like those pictured) and will have Age UK printed materials with them including pull up stands and thank you cards. They will also carry identification as authorised to fundraise for Age UK.
Is my data secure?
Yes, once you have completed your interaction with the fundraiser, they will not be able to access your information. Data security is a high priority for Age UK, we will not sell or transfer your data and will only use it for the purposes for which you have given it.
You may also be interested in:
Set up a regular donation or give a one-off gift to help Age UK's vital work continue.
Play the Age UK Raffle for your chance to win big!