Free Wills Month
We've partnered with Free Wills Month to give our supporters the opportunity to have a simple will written or updated for free.
The next Free Wills Month launches on 1 October 2022.
Sign up to our emails to be the first to hear more.
What is Free Wills Month?
Free Wills Month takes place in March and October. It gives Age UK supporters who are 55 and over can have a simple will written or updated free of charge by a participating solicitor.
If you choose to write your will through Free Wills Month we hope you'll consider leaving a gift in your will to Age UK, although there is no obligation to do so.
How do I take part?
- From 1 October, Visit the Free Wills Month website and type in your postcode to find out which solicitors are taking part in your local area.
- Book an appointment directly with the solicitor during Free Wills Month.
- Consider leaving a gift in your will to Age UK. Find out more about the difference your gift could make to the older people who need us most.
How to make the most of Free Wills Month
- Appointments are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis, so we recommend you book with your chosen solicitor as soon as you can.
- Free Wills Month covers the cost of simple wills. If the will is more complex and needs additional work, the solicitor may ask you to pay the balance yourself.
Useful information when writing your will
Having an up-to-date will is the best way to ensure your wishes are followed and your loved ones are looked after. You can also leave something special with a gift in your will to your chosen charities.
From providing weekly friendship calls, to helping vulnerable older people access the vital advice and support they need – a gift in your will to Age UK could be a lifeline for anyone who is struggling.