I’m Anna, Senior Manager of Age UK’s Corporate Partnerships team, which works with companies to support the vital work Age UK does. The support and services we provide is now more vital than ever, so we need your company to help us be there for the millions of older people, many of them alone, during this national crisis.
The need is growing
In these challenging times, there are more older people turning to Age UK for support, and we are working around the clock to be there for the people who need us. Unfortunately, these same challenges are also threatening our local services, due to the immense pressure on staff, volunteers and suppliers across the country.
To help meet this need, Age UK urgently needs financial support from companies like yours. These funds will help us to:
- Meet the growing demand on our Advice Line – calls are up by 50% and expected to rise – so that we can provide expert advice and support to all older people, their carers and families.
- Continue to provide our friendship services, through our befriending calls and our 24-hour helpline, enabling us to give comfort and reassurance to older people facing long periods of isolation.
- Provide additional funds to our network of local Age UKs in more than 130 communities to ensure they continue to provide local support on the frontline, such as food parcel deliveries, shopping services, over-the-phone support on how to use the internet, and prescription collections.
To keep these vital services running, while meeting unprecedented additional demand, Age UK has launched a £10 million appeal, and we need your help.
How you can help
- Your company can donate to Age UK. This crisis is constantly evolving, and as Age UK responds to the ever-changing needs of older people, corporate donations can make a massive difference. These funds will help Age UK to keep our vital advice line and friendship services open and help our network of local Age UKs to deliver food packages and shopping services for older people across the UK.
Speak to someone in the team
To speak to someone about your company making a donation, please contact the Corporate team on email@example.com. Please note we are receiving a very high volume of emails, so be advised that we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Show your staff and customers how to donate too. We know that the general public are willing to help, and we need your help in spreading the word. You can help us to do this by sharing our emergency appeal with your staff and customers. Please help us to get this appeal out there and raise awareness of Age UK’s vital work.
- Share these practical tips for supporting older people in the community. In this time of crisis we all need to support older people in our communities, in a safe and responsible way. We have put together some ways that you can help older people in local communities. Please share these with your staff or customers to enable them to support older people in their doorstep.
Offer your support
If you wish to support the appeal through a product promotion, or think your business can support Age UK in another way, complete this form and a member of Corporate Partnerships Team will be in touch. Thank you for helping Age UK be there for older people who desperately need our help.