Terms and conditions / Code of conduct
The following is a description of the arrangement between Age UK, and you, the volunteer, in relation to your voluntary work with Call in Time.
As part of your volunteering, we will commit to the following:
- We will provide you with training and any ongoing support and advice you might need to help develop your telephone friendship.
- We will ensure you are treated fairly in an environment which does not accept discrimination and which is sensitive to your needs.
- We will give you the opportunity to influence what happens within Call in Time through consultation.
- We will try to resolve any problems in a fair and just manner, and allow you to express your feedback and feel confident that this will be acted on appropriately.
- We will provide adequate insurance cover for you whilst undertaking voluntary work approved and authorised by us.
In return we require you to commit to the following Code of Conduct.
I will commit to volunteering for at least one year.
- I will make a weekly call to my telephone friend and will let you know in advance if I cannot make a call. I understand that if I regularly do not make calls you may end my volunteering with Call in Time.
- I will let you know if my telephone friend needs any additional advice or support, or if I have any concerns about them.
- I will respect my telephone friend's confidentiality by not discussing them with my friends or family.
- I will not give or accept gifts, gratuities or bequests from my telephone friend or their friends and family.
- I will not visit my telephone friend or exchange personal details including my telephone number and home or work address or email address.
- I will not contact my telephone friend though any method of communication other than the telephone calls made through Age UK. This includes social media.
- I will not use the calling time to provide any commercial or business products advice.
- I will show respect to my telephone friend and will not use inappropriate language or behaviour including discrimination.
I understand that should I be in breach of any of these, Call in Time reserve the right to end my volunteering.