Age UK Newcastle is the new name for Age Concern Newcastle. We have worked with and for older people since 1965, providing a range of services and support to people aged 50+ in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Please take a few minutes to watch our Video to see our work in action.
Age UK Newcastle's ambition is to “add life to years as well as years to life” and to enable older people in Newcastle to make the most out of later life. In doing this we aim to be:
- Person-centred – putting older people and their families and carers at the heart of everything we do
- Responsive – listening to what older people tell us they want and need – and acting on what we learn
- Respectful – treating people as they would want to be treated
- Challenging – towards discrimination and stigma and stereotypes relating to older people
- Positive – celebrating later life and the contribution older people make
- Innovative – developing new ideas to support a changing society.
We are working with Newcastle City Council and other organisations to help make Newcastle an Age Friendly City and a great place to grow old.