Public policy briefings
Our legislative work aims to provide information to MPs and peers about how proposed legislation affects later life and how their work could improve the lives of older people.
We produce briefings on key legislation and debates to outline our position as an organisation and key priorities for people in later life. We also submit evidence to Parliamentary inquiries on subjects affecting older people.
Some of our recent work is below and if you are looking for information on a particular issue please contact us to see if we can help.
Email PublicAffairs@ageuk.org.uk to discuss how we can support you in Parliament
2020/2021 Parliamentary Briefings
- Queen's speech briefing - May 2021 (PDF, 166 KB)
- Age UK Spending Review 2020 (PDF, 245 KB)
- Health, care and cash: Improving the lives of older people in Red Wall England
- Parliamentary Briefing Switched Off: Save Free TV for Older People (PDF, 167 KB)
- Parliamentary Briefing Social care reform (PDF, 106 KB)
- Budget Submission 2020 (PDF, 551 KB)
- No Age Limit: Domestic Abuse (PDF, 379 KB)
- Social Care: Make Care Fair (PDF, 383 KB)
- Home Truths: Security for older private renters (PDF, 379 KB)
- Pension Credit and Mixed Aged Couples (PDF, 384 KB)
- State and Private Pensions (PDF, 376 KB)
- Switched Off: Save Free TV for Older People (PDF, 381 KB)
- NHS Funding Bill 2019-2020 Briefing.pdf (PDF, 384 KB)
Become an Age Champion
Age UK and our supporters across the country have been asking MPs to become Age Champions. By signing up as an Age Champion, MPs agree to work to help make the UK and their community a great place to grow older.
For more information call the Age UK Advice Line on 0800 169 65 65 (8am-7pm, 365 days a year).