Age UK Raffle rules
- The Age UK Raffle is promoted by Age UK Local Programmes Lottery CIC (Registered Company No. 11335613, the ‘Promoter’), a wholly owned subsidiary of Age UK (Charity No: 1128267) and raises funds to support the good work of Age UK through local programmes delivered through the Age UK’s local network . The Promoter is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk with account no: 52413. The Responsible Person Laurie Boult and the Promoter share the same registered office address at Floor 7, 1 America Square, London, EC3N 2LB.
- Age UK Raffles are open via the website to all mainland United Kingdom residents (this excludes Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005) of age 18 and over. By submitting an entry via the website, each entrant:
- confirms that they are eligible to do so and are eligible to claim any prize that they may win, and
- is agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- No tickets can be sold by or to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years.
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 he/she will be disqualified from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the purchase price will be returned.
- The cost of each entry is £1. You may purchase more than one entry and up to 60 tickets per raffle.
- Payment must be made in advance before you can be entered into the draw. Only entries for which payment has been received in full are eligible to win a prize.
- You accept that we may be unable to provide refunds or replacements once you have purchased your raffle entries.
- There are three raffles during the year. The Promoter may at its discretion offer prize options for selected prizes. Prizes are not negotiable or transferable. Images of prizes displayed on our website and marketing materials are for illustrative purposes only. The Promoter reserves the right to replace any prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond its control make it necessary to do so.
- The Promoter may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the VIP raffle scheme. So long as entrants have complied with the terms and conditions of the raffle, such cancellation will not affect their prior purchase of raffle entries nor their rights as a holder of such raffle entries.
- The draw will be made by our External Lottery Manager by means of a process approved by the Gambling Commission.
- All response handling activities are being externally managed on behalf of the Promoter by its External Lottery Manager CFP Lottery and Raffles Ltd ("CFP"). CFP Lottery and Raffles Ltd (Company no. 02596199) trades as CFP. CFP is a registered External Lottery Manager ("ELM") licensed by the Gambling Commission account number 584.
- All online payments are processed by the Promoter’s trusted partner, StarVale Management & Technologies Ltd (Company No: 3723339).
Close to Nature Raffle 2022 rules
- All ticket entries must be received by midnight on 1 June 2022. Online entries must be purchased by 9 June 2022.
- Late entries will be entered into the next applicable raffle.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit for any reason including as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. No more than 60 entry tickets can be purchased per person for the Age UK Close to Nature Raffle 2022.
- The Age UK Close to Nature Raffle 2022 draw will take place on 10 June 2022. Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the date of the draw. A list of winners will also be published on the Age UK website within two weeks of the Raffle draw date. Please keep the ticket number as record of proof of purchase. The Promoter reserves the right to use winners’ names for promotional purposes. These will only be used in summary e.g. Mrs Smith from Surrey.
- First prize: £25,000 cash or a stunning Scandinavian cruise for two.
- Second prize: £5,000 cash or a week off the beaten track on the Isles of Scilly for two.
- Third prize: £2,500 cash or a luxury lodge escape in the UK for two.
- Fourth prize: £2,000
- Fifth prize: £1,500
- Sixth prizes: £1,000
- Seventh prizes: £300
- Eight prizes: £150
- Ninth prizes: £100
- Tenth prizes: £50
- Plus 2,490x £10
- Plus 2,500 x £5
- Fast reply prizes: 5 x top of the range drinking flasks with two cups.
- 1 x £200 bonus draw.
- Any prize that is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter to contact the winner will be disposed of at the Promoter’s discretion.
- If the prize is unavailable we reserve the right to substitute for a prize of a similar nature and at least equal value. We will make every reasonable effort to contact winners for a period of one month after the draw date.
- Entries must be bought by the entrant for the entrant and cannot be bought on behalf of any other person.
Fast Reply Draw rules
- Entries to the Fast Reply Draw must be received by 2 March 2022. This condition does not apply to entrants who are VIP Raffle player at the time of entry.
- New VIP players who join before 25 March 2022 will be automatically entered into the Fast Reply draw. If you join as a VIP player after 25 March 2022, you will be automatically entered into the Fast Reply draw from the Summer Raffle 2022 onwards.
- In order to be entered into the Fast Reply Draw the entrants must have purchased the tickets for the Age UK Close to Nature Raffle 2022 via post and must have affixed the Fast Reply entry sticker to the return envelope. This condition does not apply to fast reply draw entries purchased online.
- The Fast Reply Draw will take place once all the Fast Reply entries have been verified.
- 5 players from a pool constituted of fast reply draw players and VIP raffle players will each receive one drinking flask with two cups worth £50.00. Prizes will be sent to the winners by post within two weeks of the Fast Reply Draw taking place.
- A list of the winners will be published on the Age UK website two weeks after the Fast Reply Draw takes place.
- One prize per person only for the Fast Reply Draw.
- The decision of the Promoter is final; no correspondence will be entered into.
Bonus Draw rules
- The Bonus Draw is promoted by Age UK Local Programmes Lottery CIC.
- Entrants in the Age UK Bonus Draw must be 18 years and over.
- The Promotor is Age UK Local Programmes Lottery CIC who will conduct the Age UK Bonus Draw on the 10 June 2022. The draw will be conducted manually in the presence of an independent witness.
- The winner will be notified within two weeks of the Raffle draw date. The Promoter reserves the right to use winners’ names for promotional purposes. These will only be used in summary e.g. Mrs Smith from Surrey.
- Entry into the Bonus Draw is only open to Age UK Close to Nature Raffle players who have a valid entry on or before 10 June 2022. The Promoter may reject any application without giving reason at its absolute discretion.
- There will be one prize drawn of £200. There are no alternatives to this prize and no interest is payable. The prize will be sent by cheque within 14 days. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure.
- No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication.
- The Promoter may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, or terminate or suspend the scheme.
- The Promoter reserves the right to use Winners’ names for promotional purposes. These will only be used in summary e.g. Mr Davies from Lincolnshire.
- The Promoter’s decisions made pursuant to the Rules shall, once made, be final and binding.
- The Promoter operates a Complaints and Disputes Procedure which is available via the Age UK Website and which will be made available to you upon request.
Exclusions and Limitations
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
- The Promoters is not liable to you for:
- loss or damage, including the right to receive a prize, suffered by you if you have not complied with these rules, any relevant participation instructions or the rules and regulations of the Gambling Commission under legislation laid down in the Gambling Act 2005;
- any delays or failures in the banking system used by you or the Promoter,
- the loss, theft, delayed receipt of or damage to any communication or entry,
- the Promoter’s failure or inability to contact you and/or award any prize due to any errors omissions or inaccuracies in the contact or bank details you have provided or your failure to update these if they change,;
- loss or damage incurred by any you in connection with or arising from the use of the Age UK Lottery prizes or participation in the Age UK Weekly Lottery
- any delays or failures in the Age UK website or any software, hardware or any other systems used by the Promoters for the administration of the Age UK Lottery or
- any failure or delay beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
- The Promoters is not liable to you in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise in connection with the Age UK Raffle for loss of revenue, contract, profits, anticipated savings or loss of data, any special or indirect or consequential losses or any loss of goodwill or reputation.
- All warranties, conditions or guarantees relating to the Age UK Raffle made by or on behalf of a Promoters whether express or implied by law, in the course of dealings or otherwise, are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- The Promoter’s liability to you shall be limited to the amount of any prize which has become due to you.
- Employees of Age UK (charity no.1128267) and of its subsidiaries are excluded from entering the Age UK Raffle.
- Age UK and the Promoters are committed to ensuring that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all. Please refer to the Age UK Website or request further information via the Lottery Helpline on 0800 849 6070.
Your Personal Details
- The Promoters will use your information to enable you to take part in the Age UK Weekly Lottery. For more information about how the Promoters and Age UK use personal data see play.ageuk.org.uk/help/privacy-policy.
We're here to help
If you have any questions about the Age UK Weekly Raffle, we'd be very happy to help. Call us on 01628 511 707 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays).