Information on Coronavirus - (Covid - 19)
Updates on how you can look after yourself and your loved ones and stay safe and alert. If you show symptoms or test positive for coronavirus, you must self-isolate for 10 days. Symptoms include: new continuous cough, high temperature, loss of smell or taste.
Friday 7th August
Our services are closed or suspended until further notice. We have significantly adapted our shopping service to support those who are shielding or unable to shop for themselves so they can minimise contact with people outside of their home. From Monday 20th July, we are resuming a weekly shopping service from local preferred supermarkets to offer customers more choice.
If you or an older person you care for requires help with access to food and basic supplies during this time and practical information and advice, please contact us on 0161 788 7300.
We are staying in touch with many of our clients with daily / weekly contact calls and we have set up some activity-based calls using Zoom for our Dementia Support Service service users. Some of our social groups are also now meeting on Zoom.
A Spirit of Salford Helpline has been set up to support people who are self-isolating and who don't have support from family, friends or neighbours. 0800 952 1000 (Lines are open Monday - Friday 8.30 - 6.00).
We have put together some information to help you stay well during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Greater Manchester Combined Authority have also issued a Keeping Well Booklet aimed at people who are not online. The booklet offers information and advice on physical and mental wellbeing during this critical time. (If you would like to receive a copy of this booklet - please contact our office on 0161 788 7300).
Our priority remains the safety of our staff and volunteers and the older people in Salford we exist to support.
Latest Government Guidance for North West England came into force 31st July. Read what restrictions are now in place.
The most important thing we can do is to stay alert and safe and follow social distancing guidance. If you display symptoms which include a new continuous cough, high temperature or loss of smell or taste you must self-isolate for 10 days. If you test positive for coronavirus you must also self-isolate for 10 days.
You can spend more time outdoors to exercise and meet up to five other people while social distancing. The Government have announced important changes for those shielding. From Saturday 1st August, those who are 'clinically extremely vulnerable' will no longer be advised to shield. Read more about the Government Guidance for easing shielding here.
It is advised that people should continue to follow social distancing guidance when outside as well as frequently washing their hands to minimise the risk of becoming infected.
More shops are opening and restaurants, pubs, hairdressers and beauty salons are now open.
In England, you must wear a face covering in shops and supermarkets as well as on public transport. Further information is available on how to wear and make a face covering and travelling safely on public transport which also includes details of who is exempt from wearing a face covering on the Government website. The rules on face coverings will be extended from 8th August to other indoor settings such as museums, galleries, cinemas and places of worship.
Our most up to date plans, which may change at any time in response to national or local Government announcements and staffing availability are as follows:
- Our building-based services at the Humphrey Booth Day Centre and Critchley Community Hub and community-based groups run by our Dementia Support Service are now closed until further notice
- Our Eccles Office - Age UK Salford Information & Advice Service is open, although the Reception in Eccles is not staffed and we are not taking face-to face enquiries. Contact us by telephone - 0161 788 7300
- All face-to-face information and advice provided by Citizens Advice Salford is currently suspended, please contact them on 0300 3309 074 - lines open 9am - 4pm daily (Monday - Friday)
- The Legal Service we offer and provided by DLS Solicitors is currently suspended until further notice
- We are prioritising shopping, our Home Services offer has been adapted and is operating differently until further notice and for any information about this service call 0161 788 7300
- The Hospital Aftercare Service is closed at Salford Royal Hospital and the team are supporting essential shopping, prescription or meal deliveries
- The Nutrition and Hydration programme team is adapting the delivery model and will seek opportunities to ensure support for older people includes information about staying well-nourished and well hydrated.