Information on Coronavirus - (Covid - 19)
Updates on how you can look after yourself and your loved ones and stay safe and well at home
Wednesday 20th May
In the last few weeks, with many of our services closed or suspended until further notice, we have significantly adapted our shopping service to support those who are self-isolating or unable to shop for themselves at this time.We are staying in touch with many of our clients with daily / weekly contact calls and we have set up some activity-based calls using Zoom for our Dementia Support Service service users. Some of our social groups are also now meeting on Zoom.
If you or an older person you care for requires support during this time, please contact us on 0161 788 7300.
A Spirit of Salford Helpline has been set up to support people who are self-isolating and who don't have support from family, friends or neighbours. 0800 952 1000 (Lines are open Monday - Friday 8.30 - 6.00).
We have put together some information to help you stay well during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Greater Manchester Combined Authority have also issued a Keeping Well Booklet aimed at people who are not online. The booklet offers information and advice on physical and mental wellbeing during this critical time. (If you would like to receive a copy of this booklet - please contact our office on 0161 788 7300).
Our priority remains the safety of our staff and volunteers and the older people in Salford we exist to support.
There is new Government guidance on Coronavirus. If you are classed as 'extremely vulnerable' and are shielding, this should continue until 30th June. If you are not in this category, then you are able to leave the house but for limited purposes, with detailed information available on the Government Website. Additional information is available on the National Age UK Website.
Our most up to date plans, which may change at any time in response to national or local Government announcements and staffing availability are as follows:
- Our building-based services at the Humphrey Booth Day Centre and Critchley Community Hub and community-based groups run by our Dementia Support Service are now closed until further notice
- Our Eccles Office is open, although the Reception is not staffed and we are no longer taking face-to face enquiries. Contact us by telephone - 0161 788 7300
- All face-to-face information and advice provided by Citizens Advice Salford is currently suspended, please contact them on 0300 3309 074 - lines open 9am - 4pm daily (Monday - Friday)
- The Legal Service we offer and provided by DLS Solicitors is currently suspended until further notice
- We are prioritising shopping, our Home Services offer has been adapted and is operating differently until further notice and for any information about this service call 0161 788 7300
- The Hospital Aftercare Service is closed at Salford Royal Hospital and the team are supporting essential shopping, prescription or meal deliveries
- The Nutrition and Hydration programme team is adapting the delivery model and will seek opportunities to ensure support for older people includes information about staying well-nourished and well hydrated.