New top tips video on renewable energy installation
Published on 23 September 2015 12:00 PM
The Renewable Energy Consumer Code (RECC) has released a new video with top tips for consumers who are looking to install renewable technologies in their home, such as solar panels.
The video aims to improve consumer awareness and make sure that they ask the rights questions before signing a contract with an installation company. Watch the video below:
Some of the key tips from the video are:
- Do your research - the RECC has thousands of member companies signed up to its code of practice. You can search the members on the RECC website.
- Get three quotes - this will give you a better idea of the market and make sure the prices you are being quoted are accurate.
- Don't sign a contract if you are being pressured in any way. Discounts for signing on the day are illegal.
- Ensure you get a written quote, performance estimate and the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Send feedback to the RECC to ensure members are upholding the code of practice.
RECC has released the video in light of the Government's recently proposed cuts to the Feed-in Tarriff rates (subsidies for household who generate their own renewable energy.) As the deadline for the incentive cut draws nearer, it is possible that there will be a greater risk of mis-selling and panic buying in an attempt to beat the deadline.
If you are planning to install a renewable energy system, make sure you are fully informed. RECC has a guide consumer guide with plenty more tips and information.
The RECC consumer guide