Reminder Finders is a cognitive maintenance stimulation therapy group for people over fifty, living with a recent diagnosis of mild to moderate dementia.
Through this service, trained Reminder Finder staff provide valuable support to help improve wellbeing for people living with dementia, and offering respite for their carers.
Members of this group meet on a weekly basisfor structured cognitive stimulation therapy, including a variety of additional creative and physical activities.
Sessions have a maximum of ten members.
Our Reminder Finders sessions:
Mondays 9:30-2:30 at The Haven Centre, Broad Lane, Tiverton Two course lunch included
Wednesdays 10:00-12:00 at Wallingbrook Health Centre, Chulmleigh
Wednesdays 10:00-12:30 at The Healthy Living Centre, Hemyock
Fridays 9:30-12:00 at The Haven Centre, Broad Lane, Tiverton Two course lunch available at extra cost
Benefits of cognitive stimulation therapy
- creates opportunities for people to learn in a relaxed and fun environment
- improves concentration, mental abilities and memory
- improves mood
- allows people to express their feelings and views, and encourages peer support
- improves the wellbeing of members and their carers
- helps members and their carers to cope and live with dementia
If you or someone you know might benefit from our Reminder Finders service, your GP or a healthcare professional can refer you.