Age UK Newcastle offer a real alternative to residential care with their Home Support Service. We can provide anything from basic care packages up to 24 hour personal care in your own home. This can be on a short term or longer basis. Our Care at Home packages are bespoke and completely tailored to your individual needs.
We will provide you with the assistance and support you want and need; our dedicated team of care workers make sure you consistantly get the best quality care and support possible. We ensure that the team of people who are providing your care are fully trained and all of our staff complete an enhanced DBS check. So that you have the peace of mind that you are supported by a caring, familiar face that you know and trust.
You have the right to choose your own care provider and if you decide Age UK Newcastle is right for you will be treated with respect and able to live your life, your way.
This service can be paid for privately or if you receive financial assistance from social services, you can use your personal budget or direct payment towards the cost of your care.
Our services include:
- Personal care - assistance to get dressed in the morning or undressed at night, bathing and showering, assistance with medication
- End of life and Palliative care
- Specialist care and support for people with Dementia, Alzheimers and Parkinsons.
- Support to attend social activities, enabling you to access the community
- Respite support and a short break service for carers
- Specialist Teams bespoke to the individual
- Live in and overnight care and support for more complex needs
- Reablement care to help you get back on your feet after an accident or illness.
- Domestic services – preparing snacks or light meals, laundry, shopping and collecting prescriptions
- Cleaning services – vacuum cleaning, ironing, dusting, making beds and changing linen, clearing out cupboards, cleaning kitchens and bathrooms
Telephone: 0191 235 9900
Emergency contact: 07900 918013 (Existing customers only)
Newcastle upon Tyne