We're a local charity working in the community to support older people, their families and carers. We want everyone to be able to love later life.
Who we are
Age UK Selby District currently employs 12 members of staff. There are 6 volunteer Trustees. We've been working in the local community to help older people for 24 years.
Our Vision and Mission Statement
Age UK Selby District exists to provide a platform to deliver services – so that we can work collectively and where appropriate with other organisations. We have the capacity to provide services and support which meet the needs of older people and which enable them to have independence, choice and improved quality of life.
We aim to promote the welfare of all older people who live within the District of Selby
- To enjoy a fulfilling independent lifestyle
- To Maintain good health and provide services that are needs-led
- To value older people’s dignity, choice and decision making
- To offer non- judgemental Information & Advice
- Supporting older people through Welfare Benefit claims
- To campaign and influence policy makers to ensure that older people’s voices are heard and taken into consideration
- To involve older people in our decision-making processes
- To ensure that older people live peacefully and without the fear of crime
Where you can find us
If you are in need of our support, you can make contact by telephone or calling in to see us in the shop. Our office-based staff are very knowledgeable and will always make time to assist you to deal with your enquiry.
Our main office is at 53 Micklegate, Selby.
How we are funded
We rely on your support to keep serving the community. We are supported by donations from the public, and some charitable grants.