Baked apple with raisins recipe
This favourite recipe provides a warm dessert which is cooked in the oven alongside other dishes so it can be timed to be ready just after dinner, saving on fuel.
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 50 minutes | Serves: 1
- 1 cored cooking apple
- 10g butter
- 25g raisins
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Custard or cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C/400°F.
- Core the apple and score it with a sharp knife around the middle and place in a little water in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the butter, raisins and brown sugar together. Stuff the mixture into the apple.
- Place in the middle of the oven and cook for about 50 minutes or until soft.
- Serve with custard or cream.