This dish contains lots of vegetables including garlic to provide vitamins and minerals that support immunity. Basil contains Vitamins A and C as well as iron and calcium.
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes | Serves: 2
- 200g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 200g parsnips, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 200g carrots, cut into large pieces
- 2 red onions, quartered
- Olive oil
- 75ml/5 tbsps clear honey
- 150g dry pasta - whichever shape you prefer
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Small bunch of basil, torn
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C/400°F. Place all the vegetables on an oven tray and drizzle with the olive oil and honey and season. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes until all the vegetables are tender and browned.
- While the vegetables are in the oven, cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and put them in a saucepan, along with the crushed garlic and chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for a few minutes, stirring in some basil leaves.
- Pour over the pasta to serve and garnish with torn basil.