Pancakes make for a simple but delicious breakfast or dessert. And when Pancake Day rolls around, it's a lovely opportunity for some 'flipping' good fun with the grandkids!
This recipe makes around 12 traditional thin pancakes ready for you to add your own toppings.
Preparation time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins | Makes: 12
- 300ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 100g plain flour
- A little oil or butter for frying
- Put the flour, milk and eggs in a large bowl and mix well until you get a smooth batter. It's a good idea to use a whisk to keep your mix light and fluffy.
- On the hob, heat a good-sized frying pan on a medium heat and add a little oil or butter. If you add too much, use some kitchen paper to wipe away the excess.
- Spoon in enough batter to lightly cover the whole pan. Cook for about a minute, or until you can see bubbles.
- Take a deep breath, be brave and flip! (Or if you'd rather not, use a fish slice or similar to gently turn the pancake over).
- Once golden brown on both sides, slide the pancake out of the pan and onto a plate and adorn with your favourite toppings.
Our favourite toppings
- Lemon and sugar
- Chocolate spread and banana
- Peanut butter and strawberry jam
- Grated cheese and ham
- Spinach and feta cheese
- Garlic mushroom