Traditional chips need a lot of fat for deep frying. These chips use fresh potatoes, plus a little olive oil, which contains unsaturated fat, and are full of vitamin C. You can also use some seasoning to jazz them up.
Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 30-40 minutes | Serves: 1
- 1 medium-sized baking potato with skin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A sprinkling of black pepper, Cajun powder, curry powder or jerk powder
- Cut the potato into 6 even wedges.
- Put in a bowl and mix with the oil and optional spices.
- Place on a non-stick baking tray in a hot oven, gas mark 6/200°C/400°F for about 30–40 minutes, turning occasionally until crispy.
- Serve with baked salmon or trout and frozen peas for a low-calorie Friday night treat.
For more information call Age UK on 0800 055 6112