Easy lentil curry recipe
Lentils are a good low-fat source of protein. They are easy to cook and can be stored in the cupboard to be used again. This can be a main meal for two with some salad or bread, or a side dish for four.
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes (excluding soaking of lentils) | Cooking time: 25-30 minutes | Serves: 2-4
- 170g/6oz lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small apple
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- 1 small tin baked beans
- 8cm/3in chopped cucumber
- Wash and soak the lentils as per instructions on the packaging.
- Add the bay leaf to the lentils and boil in water until tender, then drain.
- Heat up the baked beans in a pan.
- Peel and chop the onion and apple, and add to the crushed garlic and curry powder and fry in olive oil for 15 minutes until soft and browning.
- Add the lentils, baked beans and lemon juice to taste, and accompany with cucumber pieces.