Easy salmon parcels recipe
This is an easy meal to make for one person and it doesn't require too much washing up either - it can be cooked in just one saucepan, or one steamer.
Salmon is a good source of protein for growth and repair and contains a high proportion of unsaturated omega-3 fats, which are beneficial for heart and brain health. It may also have anti-inflammatory properties which would help conditions such as arthritis.
You are recommended to have two portions of oily fish per week. Both sweet potato and rice are a good choice to accompany fish, if you are a diabetic and need to control your blood-sugar levels.
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Serves: 1
- 1 fresh salmon fillet
- 1 potato or sweet potato, or half a small cup of rice
- Vegetables of your choice, e.g. fine runner beans and carrots
- A slice of lemon and a little grated lemon rind
- Black pepper to taste
- Place the salmon filet in a square piece of aluminium foil.
- Sprinkle the lemon rind and black pepper on it and place the slice of lemon on top. Wrap up the parcel so that there are no leaks.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the potato or rice.
- If using a steamer, put the fish in the level directly above the pan. If not, then gently place the fish on top of the boiling potatoes or rice. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Either cook the vegetables separately or add them to the boiling water for the last 10 minutes.
- Be careful when opening the salmon parcel because of the steam. Remove the lemon and serve immediately.